Our Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) group offers cutting-edge technologies in flip chip, interconnect, and substrate. The team designs custom processes to suit specific product requirements, from reliability and form factor to functionality, decreasing time-to-market, and ramp-up. We continuously explore new manufacturing technologies as our partners gain an edge over their competitors.
During the quote process, IMI provides support in the initial assessment of the manufacturability of a product’s concept or design. An independent process development takes place as well as collaboration and simultaneous engineering with design and production teams.
The company thrives on collaborative activities with equipment manufacturers, enabling all parties to evaluate the machine and its process capabilities.
RFQ and Engagement Review
- Feasibility Assessment
- Manufacturing process flow definition, alternative options including automated process cells (collaboration with ABE/TSD)
- Design for manufacturability review for process (collaboration with ABE/TSD/DND)
- Component Engineering (EOL/Part Lifecycle Management; Component Standardization; Cost Reduction thru Material Alternatives)
- Product Re-Engineering (Product/Subassembly Redesign and Optimization)
- Process Value Analysis (Process Optimization; Poka Yoke; Automation)
Simultaneous Engineering / Technical Collaboration and New Process Development
IMI prefers our AME engineering team, including the engineers for the AME manufacturing engineering, design engineering, and other functions, to have a simultaneous or collaborative approach when working on new product developments. This way, our AME engineers can finish the whole AME engineering process with reduced cycle time, which can save resources and give our clients an edge by entering the market earlier than previously expected.Learn More
We direct our passion at solutions, not just at technology per se."
Arthur R. Tan, Vice Chairman and CEO
CONTACT US TODAY.